Frequently Asked Questions
Will automed work with the Gallagher TW Series scales?
Yes, this is the first scale that automed has been able to connect to via WiFi instead of bluetooth which means the set-up is faster and the connection is more reliable.
How many devices can I connect to my Gallagher Scale?
The TWR-5 can connect up to 3 devices, while the TW-1 and TW-3 can connect up to 2 devices.
How do I clean my automed device?
- Remove the battery pack
- Disconnect the adapter
- Use a damp cloth to wipe the exterior surfaces
- Use a small brush to clean difficult areas around the plunger connection
- Press and release the trigger to remove residual medication
- Remove any debris from adapter pins
- Use glass cleaner and a paper towel to clean the display screen
- Dry the device and battery pack thoroughly with a towel.
- Return all equipment to the body and store it in a cool, dry location.
How do I protect myself and employees from accidental needle sticks?
All the injectable automed adapters come with a needle guard.
How do I clean my automed adapters?
- Clean after each use
- Do NOT submerge into water or place under running water
- Warm Soapy Water is suitable, but specialized de-ionized or distilled water may be required
- DO NOT use industrial cleaners
- Disinfectant sprays and wipes may be used
Do I have to reset the dose every time after I use an adapter?
No, you do not have to reset the dose every time you use the adapter. The only time you would change the dose if you want to increase or decrease the size of the dose.
How do I change a medication after I selected it on the adapter?
By choosing a medication to an adapter you are locking that adapter to that medication and it cannot be changed.
What is the enterprise web portal?
The automed web portal is an online central repository for all medication records. This allows you to securely store and manage medication inventory, as well as synchronize with and transfer to your other management systems.
What increments can I adjust the 3 mL adapters by?
The 3mL adapters can be adjusted by .05mL's up to 6mLs
What increments can I adjust the 10 mL adapter by?
The 10mL adapter can be adjusted by .5mls up to 30mls.
What increments can I adjust the 20 ml adapter by?
The 20mL adapter can be adjusted by 1ml up to 100mls.